Joint Declaration for Cooperation between the National Assembly of the Republic of Bulgaria and the National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
23 June 2008
During the official visit to Bulgaria of His Excellency Nguyen Phu Trong, Chairman of the National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam on the invitation of Georgi Pirinski Chairman of the National Assembly of Bulgaria, the two countries,
Taking into consideration the role played by the two parliaments for the deepening of the mutual understanding and strengthening of the traditional bilateral relations agreed unanimously over the following topics for cooperation:
1. In order to reinforce the implementation of the signed agreements between the two countries the parties shall increase the exchange of information in their respective fields and particularly in the legislative field and the parliamentary control.
2. The parties together with the governments of their respective countries shall make the efforts to create a solid and stable framework for the continuation of the traditional relations between the two countries by exchanging official and working parliamentary delegations.
3. The parties shall exchange parliamentary friendship groups’ delegations and parliamentarians in the aim to exchange information and experience.
4. On the basis of annual agreements between the Foreign affairs committees of both parliaments the Bulgarian party shall provide to parliamentary members and employees of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam internships, specializations and training under the same rules as the ones for its own staff and members.
5. The parties shall direct their administrations towards the reinforcement of the cooperation, the exchange of information and inquiries of mutual interest.
6. With the help of their respective Foreign affairs committees the parties shall every year dress a schedule for the exchange of delegations and expert visits, the expenses to be determined in each particular case and covered by the parties on the basis of reciprocity.
7. The parties take the commitment to consult each other on international issues of mutual interest and to enhance their cooperation in the Interparliamentary Union (IPU), the Asia-Europe Parliamentary Partnership (ASEP) and in other interparliamentary forums. The mutual consultations and collaboration between the parties shall become the grounds to enhance the interaction between their respective governments in international organizations such as the United Nations (UN), the World Trade Organization (WTO) and the relations between Vietnam and the EU.